Argos Platform Terminal Transmitters (PTTs), of Vectronic Aerospace are reliable tools to monitore wildlife.
Argos PTTs can uplink different information like location- or sensor data etc. to the ARGOS system, a satellite based worldwide abvailable location and data collection system.
Fig. 1: Argos PTT tracking collar for large mammals
Frequency: 401.650 MHz nom.
401.630 to 401.680 MHz (ARGOS S1..S14, L1..L3)
Operating temperature range: -40°C to +70°C
Storage range: -60°C to +80°C
Power output: 500mW (+27dBm)
The battery unit can be easily changed by the user.
- Repetition Rate approved by ARGOS is available
- Programmable Duty Cycle (date, time) and elapsed time on/off
- Battery option from single lithium cell to multi-battery packs
- Optional VHF Beacon transmitter (Pout 10mW max.), f = 130 .. 170 MHz
- Optional Sensor Data: 4 Bytes
- Sensors: Battery Voltage, Temperature, Activity in two axis
- Optional: Mortality sensor
- Up to eight data blocks (256 Bits or 248 Bits, depending on ARGOS ID) can be transmitted