The following companies offer state of the art GPS mapping & navigation software
Freeware for PC with Microsoft Windows 95 or higher Makes possible the communication between PC and GPS and allows the user to creates, edit and delete tracklogs, routes
and waypoints. NMEA0183 Protocol for Real Time Navigation, compatible with most brands of available GPS in the market.
- Database with more than 280 different datums
- The data can be stored in TXT , GTM and other formats
- Calculates length, instantaneous and average speeds in tracklogs
- Zoom in and Zoom out function
- Shows on screen: the Waypoint name, comment or a comment in text box
- Makes possible to change the background color, grad lines and Waypoints
- Total navigation on the map image
- Makes possible to insert several scanned map images in the background
- True-Grid mode
- Recognizes PCX5, Waypoint+, MapInfo®, ArcView®, and other formats.
- Real Time Navigation function
- Print in Scale
- Catalog function that registers all the inserted images in GTM files
- Autoload function of automatic loading of map images at Real Time Navigation (RTN)
- Option to choose name, style and color of Tracklogs
GTM PRO® is for users that use the program professionally, in other words, for those users that need area calculation, data transfer for Microsoft Excel, import
and export to AutoCad®, ArcView® and MapInfo®, and other advanced functions.
offers the Global Mapper GPS. The software provides the ability to track the position of a GPS device connected to your computer's serial port (or USB via a serial-to-USB converter) in real-time
over the top of any loaded mapping data. The GPS device must communicate in either NMEA-0183 v2.x or Garmin binary format to be compatible with Global Mapper.
Your data files can be loaded as layers into our powerful
Global Mapper 3D GIS mapping software, for example a Digital Elevation Model (DEM) can be loaded with a scanned topographical map to create a 3D sun shaded view of the map.
A digital aerial image can be draped on the surface together with vector contour mapping to create a stunning and informative graphic.
The results can be printed, or the workspace can be exported to a high resolution raster image for use in a presentation or report.
Global Mapper is more than just a utility; it has built in functionality for distance and area
calculations, raster blending and contrast adjustment, elevation querying and line of sight calculations as well as advanced capabilities like image rectification, contour generation from
surface data, view shed analysis from surface data, and triangulation and gridding of 3D point data.